Thank you for that presentation. And please don't call me ma'am. I'm you're age. I think.
謝謝你得演講,不要叫我女士。我認為我年紀大了。
How old is everybody here? Maximum.
大家都多大?最大。
I just turned 23, so we're the same age.
我剛滿23歲,我們一樣大。
Thank you so much for having me.
非常感謝你們喜歡我。
I'm very, very happy to be here and addressing this crowd. Who's…
我非常非常高興能在這里向大家發表演講。
I consider you as my friends, all of you because we are the same age.
我把你們當我的朋友,因為我們年齡相仿。
I don't know. I don't know where to start.
我不知道從哪兒開始。
So I'm a student myself, I just finished my graduation.
我自己也是一名學生,我剛剛畢業。
And all I want to say is that this life that you're living right now, your college life, this life is your most, most important period.
我想說的是,你們現在的生活,你們的大學生活,這是你們最重要的時期。
You should really, really focus on your college life, because what I did is I missed out on my college years because I was very busy practicing kickboxing and karate1 and mixed martial2 arts.
你真的應該專注于你的大學生活,因為我錯過了我的大學時光,因為我忙著練習跆拳道、空手道和綜合格斗。
I had no time.
我沒有時間。
My college was two hours away from where I used to live.
我的大學離我以前住的地方有兩個小時的路程。
I am not really from proper Bombay.
我不是真正的孟買人。
I am from this place called Kalyan, which is sort of at the outskirts3 of Bombay.
我來自一個叫Kalyan的地方,位于孟買的郊區。
So I used to travel 2 hours for my college, but I had no time because I had to focus more on my sports that was my first priority4 always.
所以我經?;?個小時去上學,但是我沒有時間,因為我必須把更多的精力放在運動上,這是我的首要任務。
So I missed out on my college days.
所以我錯過了很多大學時光。
I did not go for college festivals.
我不參加大學的節日。
I did not have a group of friends. You know, all these groupies, homies. I didn't have no homies.
我沒有一群朋友。你知道的,這些追星族,兄弟。我沒有朋友。
I was alone, and I had only one best friend, and that's it.
我孤身一人,只有一個最好的朋友,僅此而已。
That's my college life.
那就是我的大學生活。
And I really, really feel sad that I missed out on it.
我真的很傷心,我錯過了。
But then I focused on sports, and that is how. That is how everything happened. That is how my life changed.
但后來我專注于體育,事情就是這樣,那就是我生活的轉變。
And if you have something in life that you really, really like, if you have a special talent or if your heart is into something else, I will not say that completely neglect5 studies.
如果你在生活中有你非常非常喜歡的事情,如果你有特殊的天賦,或者你喜歡其他的事情,我會說不要完全忽視了學習。
Do not ever neglect studies. I'm a graduate. YO! Okay?
千萬不要忽視了學習。我已經畢業了,聽我的好嗎?
Don't neglect studies, but then focus on what you're really, really good at and make that your strong point, because that's what I did as well.
不要忽視學習,但要專注于你真正、真正擅長的東西,并把它作為你的強項,因為我也是這么做的。
本文轉載自英文閱讀網,如有侵權,請聯系我們刪除。